How do I use Klarna in-store?
Creating the Digital card in the Klarna app.
On the Klarna app home screen, click “In-store” at the bottom of the screen, search for the store name you want to shop at, set your budget and create a card. If it’s the first time you’ve created a card then you’ll be asked to add it to Apple Wallet or Google Pay wallet depending on your device. If you’ve done this before, the new card will be automatically swapped into your Apple Wallet or Google Pay wallet.
How to pay in-store using Klarna and Apple Pay
Apple Pay is the safer, faster way to pay in stores, in apps and on the web with your iPhone and Apple Watch. Once you’ve added your Digital card to your Apple Wallet, quickly checkout using the devices you carry every day.*
- To pay with Face ID, double-click the side button, glance at your screen, then hold iPhone near the reader.
- For Touch ID, hold your iPhone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID.
- On Apple Watch, double-click the side button and hold Apple Watch up to the reader.
*For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see support.apple.com/en-au/km207105. To learn how to pay in apps and on the web visit https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201239
How to pay using Klarna and Google Pay
- Turn on your phone screen, and then unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds. When you’re done paying, a blue checkmark will appear on the screen. If the checkmark doesn’t appear on your screen, try holding your phone in a different way, closer to the reader, and for a couple of extra seconds.
- If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen. Some stores use old software and may ask for a PIN or signature. If using a debit card, the PIN for this will be the one you set up with your bank (not the one to unlock your phone).
Was this article helpful?