Get Smoooth Competition Terms and Conditions.
Competition will be held in: Austria, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, the UK and the US, and it will be live on an external campaign site.
Terms and Conditions
Your entry into the Klarna Get Smoooth Challenge (the Competition) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter the Competition and the description of the Prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Who Can Enter
- The Competition is open to residents of Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, the UK, and the US aged 18 years and older at the time of entry.
- The Promoter is Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm (the Promoter).
- Employees of companies belonging to the Klarna Group and their immediate family members (parents, siblings, spouses, and children) and employees of agencies professionally connected to this Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that you meet the entry requirements and accept all conditions detailed in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may disqualify any individual deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible to enter the Competition, who has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or who has engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct potentially compromising the fair and just running of the Competition.
- You are not required to purchase any goods or products from the Promoter in order to enter the Competition. Purchasing goods or products will not increase your chances of winning.
How to Enter
- The Competition commences on 18th of June, 2021 at 12 PM (CET), and the closing date is 21st of July, 2021 at 12 PM (CET) (the Competition Period).
- Entries must be received within the Competition Period.
- Entrants must have a public Instagram account from when they enter the Competition until the end of the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, eligible individuals must:-Upload an image of themselves on Instagram (as a feed post or Instagram story) showing off their smoooth looks, and tag their regional Klarna Instagram account and #GetSmoooth.
-Follow their regional Klarna account on Instagram.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and may be disqualified.
- Usage of bots to enter the competition is prohibited and will be deemed invalid and will be disqualified. You may, however, upload a photo of yourself dressed as a robot if that’s your entry photo. No preference will be given to entrants dressed as robots.
- All entries in the competition must be new posts to Instagram, old posts with new hashtags as comments won’t be approved.
- You can only participate with content you created yourself. By using #GetSmoooth you certify that you have the rights to use the content and image you are posting and that it is you in the picture.
- The total prize pool comprises five (5) separate prizes (the Prizes). One Prize will be awarded per Prize Winner.
- The Prizes are five (5) separate bundles of vintage clothing items, such as shirts, jackets, hats, shorts, pants, etc., chosen by Klarna’s style experts. Each bundle is different and contains a different mix of clothing items, not all items listed above will be included in every bundle. Approximate value of each bundle does not exceed $500 USD.
- The Prize, or any portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No compensation will be offered if a Prize Winner is unable to accept the Prize. Each Prize Winner is responsible for any tax considerations related to accepting the Prize and should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of the Prize.
- Additional costs resulting from acceptance of the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize Winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- For the sake of clarity, the Competition is in no way associated with any clothing brand or their partners, and there is no sponsorship, endorsement, or any other cooperation between the clothing brands included in the Prizes and Klarna. The Prizes are not donated.
The Prize Selection and Judging Process
- The Prize selection will take place at Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm on or before July 30th 2021 at 8 PM CET (the Selection Date).
- The Promoter will review all eligible entries and select five (5) winning entries (the Prize Winners).
- The Prize Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by Klarna and the winners will be selected based on the elements of creativity and smooothness, including the quality of photography in the photo, the presentation of items of clothing chosen by the participant, the overall stylishness, cohesiveness, and originality of the outfit worn in the photo and of the photo itself, and any other aesthetic elements of the photo that the judges feel contribute to the overall visual appeal of the submission. The names of the judges are available upon request.
- The Prize Winner will be notified via Instagram DM within ten (10) days of the Selection Date. The DM will contain instructions on how to claim the Prize and ask the Winner for further information so that the Prize can be sent to them.
- By entering this Competition, you consent to your name and content being published on the Promoter’s social media profile and/or website if you are a Prize Winner.
- If a Prize Winner does not claim their Prize within ten (10) days of being notified, the Prize will be forfeited and a new selection will be conducted by the Promoter at Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm as soon as practicable to determine a valid Prize Winner. The new Prize Winner will be notified within ten (10) days of the date of the new selection.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical failures, malfunctions, problems with or damage to equipment (including but not limited to wireless devices, websites, wireless networks, servers, computer hardware or software) during the Competition or as a result of you participating in the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or cut short the Competition should any attempt be made to deliberately undermine, damage or destroy the Competition.
Liability and Release
- Your entry into the Competition confirms that you own all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property constituting your entry.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, you hereby grant the Promoter, the supplier and their affiliates irrevocable, royalty-free rights to reproduce, modify and republish any material created as a result of entry into the Competition, including but not limited to photographs, sound recordings and video recordings and acknowledge you will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Data Protection and Privacy
a. Who is the controller for the data processing?
The Promoter is registered in the Swedish companies register under the registration number 556737-0431 with its main office located at Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. The Promoter is a controller in respect of the personal data it receives from you, or otherwise collects about you, and is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Please find the Promoter’s general privacy notice here: https://www.klarna.com/international/privacy-policy/.
b. What personal data does the promoter process, for what purposes and under which legal basis?
The Promoter processes your personal data for the purpose of providing the competition to you.
Your Instagram username will be collected when you complete the steps listed in paragraph 4 of the “How to Enter” section, above. If you are selected as the Prize Winner of the competition the Promoter will contact you via Instagram DM and will ask you for your email and postal address. Your postal address will be processed for the purpose of distributing the prize. In addition, your name will also be published on the Promoter’s Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/klarna.fi/.
If you don’t provide the Promoter with the personal data you can’t enter the Competition.
The legal basis for processing your personal data during the competition is the performance of the Promoter’s contractual obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
c. How long does the Promoter store your personal data?
Once the winners have been selected, personal data provided by the other participants of the competition for the purpose of the competition will be deleted from the Promoter’s records. The personal data of the Prize Winners will be deleted when the Prizes have been successfully distributed to the Prize Winners. If you don’t want the Promoter to publish your name on its Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/klarna.fi/ website please respond to any messages notifying you that you have been selected as a winner stating that you do not want your name to be published as a winner.
d. Where does the Promoter process your personal data?
The Promoter always tries to process your data only within the EU/EEA. However, in certain situations your personal data may be transferred to a destination outside the EU/EEA and processed there, e.g. by a supplier or subcontractor. The Promoter ensures that an adequate level of protection is maintained, and that suitable safeguards are adopted when the Promoter transfers your data outside of the EU/EEA. These safeguards consist of ensuring that the third country or state at hand is subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or by implementing standard contractual clauses.
e. With whom does the Promoter share your personal data?
The Promoter may share your personal data with suppliers or subcontractors it uses in order to provide the Competition to you. Suppliers and subcontractors are companies who are only entitled to process the personal data they receive from the Promoter based on the instructions of the Promoter. Categories of such suppliers and subcontractors are software and data storage providers and business consultants.
If your personal data will be posted on Instagram then Instagram processes your personal data in accordance with their own privacy notice which can be found here: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875.
Your personal data may also be shared with third party shipping companies if you have been selected as a Prize Winner so that your Prize can be sent to you.
f. How can you contact the Promoter’s Data Protection Officer, what are your rights in regards to your personal data and how can you exercise them?
The Promoter has a Data Protection Officer and a team of data protection specialists working solely with data protection and privacy. The Promoter also has a special team of customer service specialists for data protection matters. You can always contact the Promoter’s data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact this email address to exercise one or more of your following rights:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about how the Promoter processes your information. The Promoter does this through these terms and conditions, information on its website, and by answering questions sent to the Promoter.
- Right to access your data. You may request a copy of your data if you would like to know which of your personal data the Promoter processes. This copy of your personal data can also be transmitted in a machine readable format (i.e. “data portability”).
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data, for example when it is no longer necessary for the Promoter to process the data for the purpose it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing of your data or object to our processing. If you believe your information is incorrect or you believe the Promoter uses your data unlawfully, you have the right to ask the Promoter to stop the processing. You may also object to its processing where you believe there are circumstances that would make such processing unlawful.
- Right to challenge an automated decision. You have the right to challenge an automated decision made by Klarna if this decision carries with it legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where the Promoter processes your data based on consent or explicit consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national supervisory authority, or the Swedish Data Protection Authority (“DPA”). Complaints to the Swedish DPA can be made using this link: https://imy.se/other-lang/in-english/.
For complaints, the information provided at https://www.klarna.com/fi/palaute-ja-reklamaatiot/ applies. If you have a complaint towards Klarna, you can submit your complaint through Klarna’s website or via postal mail with the keyword “Complaint” to Klarna’s address Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Swedish law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden.
This promotion is promoted by Klarna and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram or Facebook from any claims.