Klarna publishes interim financial statements for January - March 2019.
May 31, 2019 – Today, Klarna Bank AB (publ) (“Klarna”) publishes its interim financial statements for January-March 2019. The full report is available at www.klarna.com.
Selected highlights from the first quarter of 2019:
- New, and expansion of current retail partnerships including Expedia Group (Expedia.com, Hotels.com and ebookers.com), H&M Brands, Daniel Wellington, Missguided, Gymshark and Alternative Airlines. Over 130,000 retail partners are now live with Klarna.
- The offering continues to resonate strongly with merchants and consumers as volume growth continues at pace. The consumer base and consumer engagement continues to develop rapidly across markets. The launch of new offerings of Pay later in 3 or 4 instalments products in the UK and US has quickly gained traction.
- More than 100,000 Klarna Card have been issued in Sweden. The Klarna Card has now also been launched in Germany. The card is available with Google Pay in Germany and both Google Pay and Apple Pay in Sweden.
- Launch of Open Banking Platform that enable access to more than 4,300 European banks through a single API, as well as a Global Authentication Platform allowing multinational businesses to provide a simple, secure and personalised customer authentication experience irrespective of market, through a one-time integration.
- During the quarter a successful internal equity raise of over SEK 1bn was initiated.
- Strategic focus on investments as a platform for future growth.
For further information, please contact:
Aoife Houlihan, VP of Communications
+46 (0) 72855 8047
Klarna is leading global payments providers and fully licensed bank, which wants to revolutionise the payment experience for shoppers and merchants alike. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005, we give online consumers the option to pay now, pay later or over time – offering a simple, safe and smoooth checkout experience. Klarna now works with 130,000 merchants. Klarna has 2,500 employees and is active in 14 countries. Klarna is backed by investors such as Sequoia Capital, Bestseller Group, Atomico, VISA and Permira.
This information is information that Klarna Bank AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on May 31, 2019.