Why was my One-time card purchase declined?
The decision of whether or not to approve a One-time card is based on an automated assessment. We understand that it can be frustrating to be declined for a purchase after being approved in the past. However, our approval process helps Klarna responsibly offer our services to our customers. Please understand that our Customer Service is not able to change the outcome of the approval decision.
Were you unable to create a new One-time card?
- You request for a new One-time card may be declined for a number of reasons including:
- Your credit history
- Our ability to identify you
- Your spending limit with Klarna
- How many outstanding orders you already have
- Your repayment behaviour so far
Was the One-time card declined in the store’s checkout?
Once you are approved for a One-time card, you may be denied at check-out with a message that the One-time card cannot be used at that store. While Klarna does not review each store available in the shopping app, we generally decline transactions at these stores to promote financial wellness and best meet our regulatory, ethical, and risk standards:
- Bill or rent payments
- Food or delivery services
- Gift card providers
- Governmental agencies
- Medical care
- Online gaming or gambling
- Rideshare services
- Subscription services
- Selling of drugs or alcohol
Was this article helpful?