This September, Klarna was right at the heart of New York Climate Week, showcasing our commitment to sustainability and circular shopping. Taking center stage, our team were able to raise awareness about our sustainability initiatives, catch-up with old friends and make new ones!
Here’s some of our highlights!
We launched our “Loved items live longer” campaign
You can see our campaign across New York City and aims to promote a future of more circular shopping.
You can check out our campaign here, and find out more here.
We hosted a panel discussion with our partners
We hosted a thought-provoking panel discussion titled “Tech Taking the Lead: The Product Innovations Driving Conscious Consumption and a More Circular Future” at The Nest Climate Campus, which took place at the New York Javits Center. Joined by 8000 visitors, we had the privilege of hearing valuable insights from our panelists and partners, including Vaayu, Clarity AI, and Vestiaire Collective.
Our products were showcased at Fast Company Innovation Festival
We had the pleasure of showcasing our new Conscious Shopping Dashboard, which will launch at the end of this year, at the Fast Company Innovation Festival. We know this is in high-demand from consumers, with 78% saying that a sustainable lifestyle is important to them, and nearly half (46%) considering it important to look for sustainable clothing items. The engagement and interest we received during the showcase were truly amazing, reinforcing the importance of highlighting what we do. We’re thrilled to continue making a positive impact through our innovative products.
Following our time in New York, we’ve gained some valuable insights and here’s what we are going to do with it.
- We learnt that showcasing our products is crucial in driving sustainability, and that sustainability itself is not about sacrifices but about making smart choices.
- Ever little helps! Personal impacts all add up in the sustainability agenda. Individual consumer impacts count, make sure you’re part of the change!
- Developing new habits is key as sustainability lacks immediacy; we need heightened visibility and a sense of urgency.
If you want to dive deeper into our Climate Week journey, check out theses resources:
- Watch our video-cast with We Don’t Have Time here (start at 3:10)
- Watch the recording of our panel at Mastercard “Stage of Impact” here (start at 1:05).
- Check out our interview with leading US trade outlet Tearsheet here!
“When Big Corp is confronted with its impact on the environment, many organizations begin to pay lip service to sustainability by greenwashing their products, processes, and marketing. Klarna is setting an example that goes against the grain.”
- Find our new Shop consciously dashboard at klarna.com
- Read the press announcement