How can I identify and avoid COVID-19 scams?
While it’s always important to remain vigilant online, it’s important that you guard against being a target of fraudsters taking advantage of the COVID crisis with fraudulent emails, phishing calls, texts or social media posts.
Our tips to help you protect your personal details and stay safe:
- Limit the personal details you share online
- Don’t download files from an unknown source
- Verify the legitimacy of unknown callers
- Safely dispose of unnecessary documents in your name (e.g. bills, bank statements)
- Make sure that only you have access to your post
- Report and immediately cancel lost/stolen cards or identification documents
- Visit the Take Five to Stop Fraud campaign.
If you are concerned that you may be a victim of fraud, you can immediately pause your payments by reporting the unauthorised purchase in the app.
If you don’t have the app, chat or call us on 0203 005 0837 to report suspicious or fraudulent activity. Klarna will work diligently with you to investigate your report of suspicious activity or a fraud attempt.
Remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Was this article helpful?