How can I report a fraud attempt?
If you are concerned that you may be a victim of fraud, you can immediately pause your payments by reporting the unauthorized purchase in the app:
- Go to My Klarna
- Tap All purchases and select the unauthorized purchase
- Select Report a problem and choose I suspect identity theft
- Follow the prompts to submit your claim
- Your payments will be paused while we investigate on your behalf
If you don’t have the app, you can contact us by chat or by phone on 0203-005-0837
Note: Pay attention to Klarna communications after your report since we might reach out if we need more information
Should I also report it to the authorities?
Yes, if you believe an unauthorized purchase has been made in your name, you should report this first in the app and immediately after to the authorities.
- Report the related card or transaction to your issuing bank
- Provide us with your Police report case number as soon as you get it
Read Klarna’s Fraud protection promise to learn more about how we protect you from purchases or charges made without your authorization.
Was this article helpful?