How can I spot a scam or phishing attack?
To help spot a fraudsters scam or phishing attack, ask yourself these questions about the contact you may have received:
- Is the sender unknown to you?
- Is this contact you received unexpected?
- Are there any spelling or grammar mistakes?
- Are there unusual links or attachments?
- Are you being asked for personal details and security information?
- Is the sender rushing you to take a decision?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to some or all of the these questions, Stop, Challenge, Protect yourself from potential fraudulent activity. For more information visit the Take Five to Stop Fraud campaign.
Remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Was this article helpful?
Still need help? Contact us.
We’re available 24/7 via chat.
Local Rate: 020 300 50833
Freephone: 0808 189 3333
COVID-19 related: 0203 005 0834
Fraud related (available 24/7): 0203 005 0837