How do I sign-up and get a Klarna Account?
You can sign up for Klarna’s Financing Account at the checkout of our partnering online stores. The Klarna Account is a credit option that provides you with a revolving account and is similar to a traditional credit card, but without the physical card.
The first time you choose to buy with Financing, you will be asked to apply for a Klarna Account at the checkout. We will then carry out an affordability assessment. If you are approved we will then create your account.
Good to know: Browse here the list of Klarna Shops to see if your favourite brand offers your preferred payment method!
Why was I not approved to pay via financing?
You might experience that not all or no Klarna payment options are available to you when making purchases with Klarna. Different factors, such as insufficient payment history, missed or delayed payments, previous order history or reported financial difficulties impact purchase eligibility.
We understand that it can be frustrating to be declined for a purchase especially after being approved in the past. Our approval process ensures Klarna offers responsible lending and services to our customers.
If you would like to make purchases with Klarna, we recommend the following:
- If you still have balances on unpaid purchases with Klarna, we recommend paying some of them off first to increase the possibility of being approved for your next purchase
- The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so try to remove an item(s) and try again
- Ensure your name and billing address match those held by your bank account or electoral roll
- Select a different payment method in the store’s check out for now
- Length of time you have been a Klarna customer may increase your limit. History of positive behavior as a Klarna customer can improve your chances of being approved
Good to know:
- Each purchase is a new decision so one rejection does not mean that your future purchases will always be declined
- Attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected (fraud prevention)
- The approval decision is not based solely on credit information, but rather multiple internal data points such as past payment history
Was this article helpful?
Still need help? Contact us.
We’re available 24/7 via chat.
Local Rate: 020 300 50833
Freephone: 0808 189 3333
COVID-19 related: 0203 005 0834
Fraud related (available 24/7): 0203 005 0837