Why have I not been offered to pay with Klarna?
Klarna does not approve 100% of all orders and our aim is to support responsible, ethical, and sensible spending habits. We understand that it can be frustrating to be declined for purchase especially having previously been approved. However, our approval process ensures Klarna offers responsible lending and services to our customers.
How can I increase my eligibility?
- If you still have balances on unpaid purchases with Klarna, we recommend paying some of them off first to increase the possibility of being approved for your next purchase
- The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so try to remove an item(s) and try again
- Ensure your name and billing address match those held by your bank account or electoral roll
- History of positive behaviour as a Klarna customer can improve your chances of being approved
- Length of time you have been a Klarna customer may increase your limit
- If given the option, connect your bank account with Klarna. This will give us the chance to get a clearer picture of your ability to pay, and as a result, we will be able to make an informed credit decision. This option is only presented when we can’t get enough information from other sources. Know that we handle your data carefully and that you can remove your bank account granted access at any time.
Good to know
- Each purchase is a new decision so one rejection does not mean that your future purchases will always be declined
- Attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected (fraud prevention)
- The approval decision is not based solely on credit information, but rather multiple internal data points such as past payment history
Was this article helpful?