Why was I declined by Klarna?
There may be various reasons why you’re unable to pay for your order with your preferred payment option. Different factors, such as contact details changes, insufficient payment history, previous order history, bureau credit information, missed or delayed payments or reported financial difficulties can lead to being blocked from using Klarna.
As a responsible lender. Klarna does not approve all payments. This is to support responsible, ethical, and sensible spending habits.
We understand that it can be frustrating to be declined for a purchase especially having previously been approved. However, our approval process ensures Klarna offers responsible lending and services to our customers.
If you would like to make purchases with Klarna again, we recommend the following:
- If you still have balances on unpaid purchases with Klarna, we recommend paying some of them off first to increase the possibility of being approved for your next purchase
- The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so try to remove an item(s) and try again
- Ensure your name and billing address match those held by your bank account or electoral roll
- Length of time you have been a Klarna customer may increase your limit. History of positive behaviour as a Klarna customer can improve your chances of being approved
Good to know
- Each purchase is a new decision so one rejection does not mean that your future purchases will always be declined
- Attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected (fraud prevention)
- The approval decision is not based solely on credit score, but rather multiple internal data points such as past payment history
Was this article helpful?
Still need help? Contact us.
We’re available 24/7 via chat.
Local Rate: 020 300 50833
Freephone: 0808 189 3333
COVID-19 related: 0203 005 0834
Fraud related (available 24/7): 0203 005 0837