Klarna does not approve 100% of all orders and our aim is to support responsible, ethical and sensible spending habits. Things to Consider:
- A rejection does not negatively impact your credit score.
- Length of time you have been a Klarna customer may increase your limit. History of positive behavior as a Klarna customer can improve your chances of being approved.
- Attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected (fraud prevention).
- If you still have balances on unpaid purchases, it would be beneficial to pay them off to possibly increase your spending limit.
- The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so try to remove an item(s) and try again.
- Approval decisions are not based solely on credit score, but rather multiple internal data points such as past payment history.
- Each purchase is a new decision. One rejection does not mean that your future purchases will always be declined.
Why was my ghost card purchase declined?Once you are approved for a Ghost card, you may be denied at check-out with a message that the Ghost card cannot be used at that store. While Klarna does not review each merchant available in the shopping app, we generally decline transactions at these merchants to promote financial wellness and best meet our regulatory, ethical, and risk standards:
- Bill or Rent Payments
- Food or Delivery Services
- Gift Card Providers
- Governmental Agencies
- Medical Care
- Online Gaming or Gambling
- Rideshare Services
- Subscription Services
- Selling of Drugs or Alcohol
Was this article helpful?
Still need help? Contact us.
or Call us