Does Klarna perform a credit check?
We do not always perform a credit check on you, nevertheless, as a responsible lender, we want to make sure we’re helping our customers make the right financial decisions for their circumstances. When a credit check is performed, we verify your identity using the details you provided and we look at information from your credit report to understand your financial behaviour and evaluate your creditworthiness.
We will not perform a credit check on you when:
- Signing up to use Klarna.
- Downloading the Klarna App.
We will perform a credit check when:
- Deciding to ‘Pay in 4 interest-free installments’
- Preferring to ‘Pay in 30 days’
- Applying for one of our Financing options.
- Taking out a standard payment holiday for our Financing payment options.
If you want to know more about how these credit checks impact your credit score, read here.
Our third party credit checks are performed by Transunion and Experian. If you have any questions regarding their services, your credit score or the data provided as part of a credit check we advise you to reach out to them directly.
These checks are performed in accordance with Klarna’s Terms & Conditions.
Was this article helpful?