I received an error when trying to make a payment. What do I do?
Insufficient funds –
- Klarna credit and Pay later in 30 days – We’ll email you letting you know the payment was declined, and you can resubmit payment once sufficient funds are available.
- 4 installments and in-app shopping with a Ghost card – We’ll email you letting you know that your payment was declined if sufficient funds are not available to cover your payment. Klarna will automatically make 2 more payment attempts within 4 days of the original scheduled payment date, so please make sure that the card connected to your account is up to date, and has enough funds.
Invalid account – Make sure you’ve entered the correct payment information when making a payment. If your payment information is entered incorrectly, we’ll send you an email notification. To resolve this issue, simply re-enter the account and routing numbers in the ‘Payment methods’ section of your account. If you’ve entered your account information or debit card number correctly and you continue to receive this error, please reach out to your financial institution to make sure you’re using the most up to date information.
Note that payments for Klarna credit accounts cannot be made with a credit card
Technical error – Try the steps below if you encounter a technical error when trying to make a payment:
- Close and reopen your browser
- Use the most up-to-date browser version
- Clear your cookies
- Make sure you aren’t using a restricted network; such as a work connection
Email not received – If you haven’t received your statement or login email, try checking your spam folder and following the ‘technical error’ steps above. You may need to go to your inbox filter settings to verify that Klarna is not a blocked address. If you’re still experiencing issues, please contact Klarna Customer Service.
Was this article helpful?