Need help? To Customer Service
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 31, 2015
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You At this time, you can browse all portions of our Site without registering, however, this may change at any time and this policy will be updated to reflect the change. You may submit certain personal information to us in order to learn more about Klarna products and services, including contact details such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect contact details and opinions you provide on our Site via forms, surveys, contests, user comments and other mechanisms.
Information We Collect Automatically We may automatically collect the following non-personally identifying information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, log files, and other technologies including: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view, links you click and your activities in the Services; your IP address; time stamp and the length of time you visit our Site and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you or that you have provided to us, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, for the following purposes:
- To provide more information about our products and services to you, to respond to your inquiries, and for other client service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order make improvements and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes, through the use of automated devices and applications.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, as follows:
- Service Providers We may use service providers to assist us with the Site and may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions solely on our behalf, and they may not use the information for their own purposes.
- Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifying Information We may share aggregate or non-personally identifying information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
- Cookies Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, or to allow us to track your activities at our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to do control cookies. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites, including social media sites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to our clients. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our products and services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this Policy
This policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will aim to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.