How can I get approved to pay with Klarna?
Before you make (another) purchase with Klarna it helps to know how to qualify for Klarna’s payment options.
- Make sure you are old enough
You need to be at least 18 to use Klarna’s payment options.
- Have a positive credit history
History of positive behaviour as a Klarna customer can improve your chances of being approved, so ensure to not miss a payment.
- Don’t have a lot of debt
If you still have balances on unpaid purchases, it would be beneficial to pay them off to possibly increase your chance of approval.
- Change the amount of your order
The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so remove an item(s) and try again.
Good to know:
- Each purchase is a new decision, so 1 rejection does not mean that your future purchases will consistently be declined, and it doesn’t negatively impact your credit score. Please be aware that attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected as fraud prevention.
- If you have tried all the options above, but you are still unable to place your purchase successfully, we recommend you to place the order using another payment method. Please note that customer service agents cannot change or influence the decision of the automated approval process.
Was this article helpful?