May 4, 2018 – Today, Klarna, a leading global payments provider, initiates the launch of one of its most ambitious initiatives, a new app. Through it’s new app, Klarna will encourage consumers to take control over their personal finances with easy-to-use features and thereby increasingly becoming an important part of their everyday life. This launch marks the beginning of Klarna’s mission to provide the future of payments and shopping in one single app.
“At Klarna it is not only about listening to our customers but truly understanding their needs. It became clear what they are seeking – flexibility, security, reduced financial concern and an uncomplicated payments experience. This, together with a laser focus on a superior user experience, has been our driver throughout the development process. We are very excited about this launch but also about the future features and services, this is just the very beginning. Our ultimate objective is to go beyond what anyone can expect from a payments provider and thereby drive loyalty from customers as well as merchants,” says David Fock, Chief Product Officer at Klarna.
At launch, some of the most requested features will be available to consumers. These include;
- Pay as you want gives customers control over their personal finances by offering flexibility in how and when to pay for their purchases.
- Never miss a payment means friendly reminders that will help to ensure that the customers never fail to pay an invoice on time.
- Visual overview of purchased items and the possibility to filter these by categories allowing users to get a detailed overview of their finances no other app currently provides.
- Improved customer service experience with 24/7 availability.
- New home feed with inspirational content for consumers to browse through.
Over the next months, the app will be frequently updated with new and inspiring features to make the whole shopping experience even smoother and more enjoyable.
For more information, please visit: www.klarna.com/smoooth-app/
For more information, please contact
Johanna Nyman, Senior manager Communications & PR
+46 (0) 72 855 83 29
Klarna is one of Europe’s leading payments providers and a newly-licensed bank, which wants to revolutionise the payment experience for shoppers and merchants alike. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005, we give online consumers the option to pay now, pay later or over time – offering a simple, safe and smoooth checkout experience. Klarna now works with 89,000 merchants. Klarna has 2,000 employees and is active in 14 countries.