Klarna publishes interim financial statements for January – March 2018
May 28, 2018 – Today, Klarna Bank AB (publ) (“Klarna”) publishes its interim financial statements for January-March 2018. The full report is available at www.klarna.com.
January – March 2018 (compared to January – March 2017)
- Overall volume growth was close to 40% compared to last year
- Total operating revenue grew by 35% to SEK 1,337m (992)
- Operating income for the period was SEK 110m (138)
- Net income for the period recorded at SEK 75m (97)
Highlights during the quarter:
- Extended partnership with ACI Worldwide, a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions, which enables online businesses in 10 major markets, including the U.S. and U.K., to easily integrate Klarna’s payment products.
- Partnership with MyOnlineStore, the most popular ecommerce platform in the Netherlands with over 40,000 online merchants, to offer all-in-one online commerce solution.
- Entering the Swiss market with new multi-market merchant.
- Appointing Robert Bueninck to the role of General Manager for Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH).
- Implementing a new progressive parental leave and benefit policy for U.S. employees.
Klarna is one of Europe’s leading payments providers and fully licensed bank, which wants to revolutionise the payment experience for shoppers and merchants alike. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005, we offer a simple, safe and smoooth checkout experience. Klarna now works with 89,000 merchants. Klarna has 2,000 employees and is active in 14 countries. Klarna is backed by investors such as Sequoia Capital, Bestseller Group, Atomico, VISA and Permira.
For further information, please contact:
Aoife Houlihan, VP of Communications
+46 (0) 72855 8047
This information is information that Klarna Bank AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on May 28, 2018.