Small Business Support Package Terms & Conditions.
Klarna Small Business Support Fund Competition Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Description of Competition – Klarna Bank AB (publ) (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Small Business Support Fund” contest (the “Competition”) and will award one hundred (100) prizes via a judged selection of eligible entrants. The Competition begins at 14:00 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on July 28, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM GMT on Sept 08, 2021 (“Competition Period”).
By participating in this Competition, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Competition, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and promotional partners from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Competition or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. The Competition is not associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any company other than the Sponsor and WeWork. WeWork is donating a portion of the Prize, as described below in Section 4; however, WeWork is not responsible for running the Competition.
2. Eligibility – The Competition is open to small businesses selling fashion, beauty, accessories, homeware, electronics, toys & games or sports-related goods (Merchant). Merchant does not have to be a currently integrated Klarna merchant. Merchant must have a live e-commerce shop built on a platform that has the ability to integrate with Klarna; Merchant may only sell products that abide by Klarna’s ethical standards and neither Merchant nor Merchant’s products may fall into a prohibited or restricted category.
Klarna is required to adhere to KYC/AML regulations, and will collect information about your business and majority owners within your business.
The small businesses must have a turnover of less than £5m per annum and be registered in the United Kingdom.
Employees and close family members of the Sponsor or its affiliates are not eligible to participate in this Competition. Void where prohibited.
3. How to Enter – To enter the Competition you must:
Complete the form on the website [https://www.klarna.com/uk/business/small-business-support-package/] answering all mandatory fields and provide a 700 character description of why your business should win one of the Support packages.
All entrants will be entered to win one (1) prize only. A maximum of four (4) entries per business is permitted. If Merchant makes several submissions during the Competition Period that meet the eligibility requirements, Klarna will consider the final (last-in-time) qualifying submission as Merchant’s entry.
Entries that appear fraudulent, duplicative, generated by a bot, or otherwise created in a way that the Sponsor determines is designed to obtain an unfair advantage in the Competition will be disqualified in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
4. Prize – One hundred (100) winners will be selected pursuant to the judging criteria listed in Section 5, and each will receive the following Support Package (“Prize” or “Support Package”). The Support Package will contain the following: (a) one (1) year free use of the Klarna Pay Later online payment service (pay in 30 days) up to a value of £11k in fees, (b) three (3) 3x WeWork All Access Passes (these passes allow three individuals to use WeWork’s services for one month at a time, meaning three employees of Prize Winner could work at WeWork locations for three months), (c) £15k of free advertising within Klarna’s available media services (mixture of in-app advertising, social media and other promotional support). Media services will be at the Sponsor’s discretion and available to be used in the 12 months following the award of the Support Package – subject to availability. The winner will not select their own marketing placements.
The award is not transferable, refundable, or otherwise redeemable for cash value.
Unless otherwise required by law, all VAT tax, excise tax, other national, county, local, business, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Winner Selection – The Sponsor will review all eligible entries and select one hundred (100) winning entries from one hundred Merchants (“Prize Winners”). Determination of the Prize Winners shall be made by the Sponsor and judges at their sole discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding.
The Prize Winners will be chosen based on the following criteria, as determined by the Sponsor:
- Eligibility, as described in Section 2, above;
- Creativity, innovation, originality of the 700 character submission and those who have been heavily impacted by the pandemic as described in the 700 character submission
The Prize Winners will be selected by a panel of judges with one representative from Klarna and a minimum of two other external organisations.
The Prize Winners will be notified via email no later than Oct 01, 2021, and asked to confirm Prize acceptance by providing required details within six (6) calendar days of notification:
- Confirmation of company registration date and turnover
- Name and contact details of business owner
- Image of the brand (high-resolution)
- Logo (.png format)
- Store tags (# or @ on Instagram)
- Store URL if applicable (with or without UTM-tagging)
If a Prize Winner fails to confirm acceptance, the Prize is forfeited and Sponsor will select another Prize Winner as soon as reasonably practicable in accordance with the criteria set forth above.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish the winner’s proper name and state of operation online and in press in connection with the Competition. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name and likeness, trademarks, and other intellectual property solely for advertising and promotional purposes as the Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipients shall not be permitted to (a) specify the dates of the In-feed Post feature, which we will decide at Klarna’s sole discretion; (b) redeem the prize for cash; (c) transfer the prize to another individual or business.
If you do not wish for the name of your business to be published, please notify the Sponsor when you are contacted and told that you have been selected as a Prize Winner.
6. Release – Your entry into the Competition confirms that you own all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property constituting your entry, in addition to all intellectual property rights necessary to grant Klarna the ability to use the intellectual property provided by Prize Winner for advertising purposes.. As a condition of entering the Competition, you hereby grant the Sponsor, the supplier and their affiliates irrevocable, perpetual royalty-free rights to reproduce, modify and republish any material created as a result of entry into the Competition, including but not limited to your competition entry, photographs, images, trademarks, other copyrighted material provided by a Merchant that may be used to advertise Merchant’s business, sound recordings, and video recordings and acknowledge you will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
7. Personal Information
- Who is the controller for the data processing?
The Sponsor as defined in section 1 of these terms and conditions is registered in the Swedish companies register under the registration number 556737-0431 with its main office located at Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, and is acting through its UK Branch, located at Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, Holborn, London, WC2B 6NH. The Sponsor is a controller in respect of the personal data it receives from you, or otherwise collects about you, and is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Please find the Sponsor’s general privacy notice here: https://www.klarna.com/international/privacy-policy/ and merchant privacy notice here: https://eu.portal.klarna.com/privacy-policy.
- What personal data does the Sponsor process, for what purposes and under which legal basis?
The Sponsor processes your personal data for the purpose of providing the Competition to you.
Your business’s information will be collected when you complete the form referenced in the “How to Enter” section, above. If you are selected as a Prize Winner of the Competition, the Sponsor will contact you via the contact details provided in the form and will ask you to confirm your acceptance of the Prize.
If you don’t provide the Sponsor with the personal data you can’t enter the Competition.
The legal basis for processing your personal data during the Competition is the performance of the Sponsor’s contractual obligations under these Terms and Conditions. In case you have agreed to receive electronic marketing communications in the entry form, the legal basis for electronic marketing communications is your consent.
If you do not wish for your business to be published as a winner of the Competition, please notify the Sponsor when you have been contacted as a winner.
- How long does the Sponsor store your personal data?
Once the winners have been selected, personal data provided by the other participants of the competition for the purpose of the Competition will be deleted from the Sponsor’s records except to the extent that information was already held by Sponsor based on the pre-existing relationship between Sponsor and the Merchant. The personal data of the Prize Winners that was stored for purposes of the Competition will be deleted in that form once the Prize Winners have integrated with Klarna, at which point any personal information for Merchants will be kept by Klarna in line with Klarna’s handling of integrated merchant data.
- Where does the Sponsor process your personal data?
The Sponsor always tries to process your data only within the UK. However, in certain situations your personal data may be transferred to a destination outside the UK and processed there, e.g. by a supplier or subcontractor. The Sponsor ensures that an adequate level of protection is maintained, and that suitable safeguards are adopted when the Sponsor transfers your data outside of the UK. These safeguards consist of ensuring that the third country or state at hand is subject to an adequacy decision by UK authorities or by implementing so-called standard contractual clauses originating from the European Commission.
- With whom does the Sponsor share your personal data?
The Sponsor may share your personal data with suppliers or subcontractors it uses in order to provide the Competition to you. Suppliers and subcontractors are companies who are only entitled to process the personal data they receive from the Sponsor based on the instructions of the Sponsor. Categories of such suppliers and subcontractors are software and data storage providers and business consultants.
Your personal data may also be shared with third parties such as WeWork and third party advertisers and publishers if you have been selected as a Prize Winner so that the Prize can be provided to you.
- How can you contact the Sponsor’s Data Protection Officer, what are your rights in regards to your personal data and how can you exercise them?
The Sponsor has a Data Protection Officer and a team of data protection specialists working solely with data protection and privacy. The Sponsor also has a special team of customer service specialists for data protection matters. You can always contact the Sponsor’s data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact this email address to exercise one or more of your following rights:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about how the Sponsor processes your information. The Sponsor does this through these terms and conditions, information on its website, and by answering questions sent to the Sponsor.
- Right to access your data. You may request a copy of your data if you would like to know which of your personal data the Sponsor processes. This copy of your personal data can also be transmitted in a machine readable format (i.e. “data portability”).
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data, for example when it is no longer necessary for the Sponsor to process the data for the purpose it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing of your data or object to our processing. If you believe your information is incorrect or you believe the Sponsor uses your data unlawfully, you have the right to ask the Sponsor to stop the processing. You may also object to its processing where you believe there are circumstances that would make such processing unlawful.
- Right to challenge an automated decision. You have the right to challenge an automated decision made by Klarna if this decision carries with it legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where the Sponsor processes your data based on consent or explicit consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory data protection authority (the Information Commissioner) by using this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
8. Complaints – For complaints, the information provided at: https://www.klarna.com/uk/feedback-and-complaints/ applies. If you have a complaint towards Klarna, you can submit your complaint through Klarna’s website or via postal mail with the keyword “Complaint” to Klarna’s address Klarna Bank AB UK Branch, 8th Floor, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom.
9. Other Details – Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or website, including Merchant’s website or e-commerce platform. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where the Sponsor deems the entrant is attempting to commit fraud or violate these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, if any fraud, virus, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
10. Governing Law – These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If you have any questions regarding these Official Rules, please contact us latest by Sept 01 2021 at email@example.com.