Klarna cookie statement
Cookies & similar technologies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers. These are sent from Klarna’s or our partners’ web servers and stored on your device as described below. We use several types of cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary cookie files that expire when you close your browser or app.
- Persistent cookies are cookie files that remain until you erase them or they expire.
- First-party cookies are cookies set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are cookies set by a third-party site.
Web beacons are small transparent graphic images that may be in emails we send to you.
Similar technologies are technologies that store information in your browser or on your device in a manner similar to cookies and web beacons.
The cookies we use typically enhance our services towards you. Some of our services actually need cookies to work, others simply make our services all the more smoooth for you. In general, we categorise our cookies and their usage as follows:
- Core functionality cookies are absolutely necessary to offer our basic services, for example to use our payment methods or our customer portal. Our services would not work without these cookies.
- Optimisation cookies provide high-level analytical information on your use of our services. They permit us to continuously refine our products and as such are also necessary. Our products would not be as smoooth without these cookies.
- Preference cookies, which allow us to store preferences, such as your language of choice or whether to pre-fill your data or not. Without these types of cookies, we would not be able to personalize our services according to your preferences. These cookies are necessary, as making your experience with us as smoooth as possible is a core part of our service.
- Security related cookies keep our services and your data safe and secure, such as by helping us detect fraud and guarding your data. Since this is an essential aspect of our services, these cookies are necessary.
- Advertising cookies allow us to display advertising that is relevant to you.
Your browser or device will typically offer settings regarding the use and scope of cookies. Please see your browser’s or device’s reference information to learn how to adjust your settings. For example, you may be able to block all cookies, accept only first-party cookies, or delete all cookies upon exiting your browser.
Please be aware that some services we offer will not work if you block or delete cookies.
Klarna has a Data Protection Officer and a dedicated team of data protection specialists working in the Global Privacy Office. Because we take data protection so seriously, we also have a dedicated team of customer service specialists for data protection matters. Our customer service specialists are an extension of the Global Privacy Office and are more than happy to answer any questions you might have on privacy and data protection. You can always reach Klarna's Data Protection teams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.klarna.com for further information on Klarna.
This Cookie Statement was last updated on January 30, 2017.