I need extra support to help manage my finances. What resources are available to me?
You’ve taken a great first step by searching for additional support if you are experiencing financial or payment difficulties. In addition to the support we are able to provide you regarding your purchases made using Klarna, there are specially trained experts on hand 24/7 to help you better manage your finances. Alternatively, nominate someone, such as a family member or civil partner, or a person of trust to speak or correspond with Klarna on your behalf (Third Party Authority). For more information please chat or call our support team.
Here are a number of recommended not-for-profit organisations offering free, confidential and impartial advice:
- Money Debt Advice Locator – for guidance on where to get free and immediate debt advice across the UK. Worried about debts or have missed payments? There is free, confidential, and independent debt advice available. Money Helper website, run by the UK Government’s Money and Pension Service, can direct you to a debt adviser straight away by telephone or you can get support online, and also offers free, impartial advice on managing your money, dealing with debt and avoiding financial scams.
- Citizens Advice – For free and impartial consumer advice on debt and other topics, visit your local Citizens Advice or visit the website. By selecting your UK country on the homepage, you will get tailored contact information.
- AdviceUK – Member centres offer debt advice, including specialist advice for minority communities and people with disabilities. While the website is predominantly for the centres themselves, through their member portal you can search for support in your area, related to your specific needs and concerns.
- Christians Against Poverty – Select the link and search your postcode for free debt advice near you and then call 0800 328 0006 for further support.
- National Debtline – For free guides, factsheets, tools and debt advice in England, Wales or Scotland, select the link or call 0808 808 4000.
- StepChange Debt Charity – For debt advice throughout the UK select the link or call 0800 138 1111.
Klarna now also supports CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably). CALM’s aim is to empower those around us – whether that’s our parents, siblings, partners, friends or colleagues – to share their experiences and get any help they need before anyone reaches the point of crisis. CALM runs a free and confidential helpline and webchat 7 days a week from 5pm to midnight for anyone who needs to talk about any of life’s problems. We encourage you to visit their website here.
Do not ignore the problem. We’re here to help and we encourage you to explore the diversity of resources available that might help you to regain control.
Was this article helpful?