The advertising policies mentioned on this page are created to maintain a high bar for all customers and in turn provide better results for advertisers.
This Ad Policy doc is established to provide guidance on the types of content allowed to run on all of our domains. All assets for each advertising campaign will be reviewed against the policies in this document. These policies are put in place to ensure Klarna maintains a user-friendly experience for its customers. At Klarna Advertising we believe maintaining a high bar drives results for advertisers and as such, we only allow advertisements that adhere to the below policies.
Klarna reserves the right to remove, reject or request amends to any ad that may not adhere to the policies in this document. If you have any concerns regarding creative that is to be used in an advertising campaign, please reach out to your client support team. We periodically update our advertising policies so please check this document often to ensure you are always up to date on the latest requirements.
1.0 Core creative guidelines.
2.0 Advertising copy.
All copy must be legible and accurate so the customer has sufficient and correct information prior to engaging with the ad.
3.0 Animation and video.
Animation and Video for ads is not currently supported.
4.0 Restricted content.
The following content is restricted for use with Klarna Advertising:
- Aggressive marketing.
- Any person shown to be in a potentially dangerous situation, such as someone holding a weapon or an unattended child standing near the edge of a cliff.
- Any imagery or messaging that is targeted directly to children.
- Business practices that may cause reputational harm.
- Digital downloads promoting illegal or unethical services.
- Dual use products, which may have a legitimate use, but also an illegitimate use.
- Self diagnosis test for diseases.
- Financial products or services, such as investment services, financial advice, money services incl. money transfer, currency exchange, virtual, digital or crypto currencies (e.g. Bitcoin), binary options.
- Imagery that can be considered cruel or abusive, such as the mistreatment of animals or humans.
- Content that glamorizes the use of drugs, tobacco or excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Excessive violence or visual gore, such as blood or serious physical damage.
- Exploitation of sensitive events, such as national or worldwide pandemics, natural disasters or incidents of mass drama.
- Imagery or messaging that could be considered to be invasive to another person’s privacy.
- Any content that is for or against a politician or political party.
- Content relating to controversial topics or current events.
- Outbound or inbound tele-marketing.
- Pornography or sexually explicit content.
- Use of obscene language, including purposefully obscured profanity, such as S*#T or commonly known acronyms such as WTF.
- Advocating or demeaning Religion or use of religious symbols.
- Discriminative content towards race, colour, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age or similar category.
5.0 Prohibited services and products.
- Coupon-specific vendors or merchants
- Delivery methods that may cause suffering to animals
- Escort services
- Fat burners
- Fertility clinics and fertility research
- Payment services considered to be competitors
- Practices and methods abusing trading for VAT fraud, tax evasion
- Pyramid schemes
- Practices misleading or deceives consumers or discarding or avoiding consumer protection laws
- Unlawful use of workforce, including tax evasion
- Negative response marketing
- Illegal or sensitive pharmaceutical products or services
- Medical procedures
- Tobacco-related products
- Lethal and non-lethal weapons including knives (excluding kitchen knives and cutlery)
- Psychics, spiritual or religious services
- Tattooing or body branding
- Trade with protected animals or plants or products originating from protected animals or plants
- Services designed to promote infringements of intellectual property rights, e.g. by bonus programs for uploading unauthorized digital content and unauthorized file sharing or streaming
- Ticket reselling
- UV tanning equipment or services
6.0 Klarna branding.
Ads should not mimic Klarna branding or Klarna trademarks. Each ad will be reviewed by the Klarna Advertising team prior to going live.