How do I fix the error message ‘401 Unauthorized’ in the checkout?
“401 Unauthorized” errors are caused by incorrect or non-functional Klarna API credentials.
To solve, please check the following:
- Ensure that your application and onboarding are complete.
- Ensure that your integration is complete. Depending on your platform, you can check the Integration Guides tab of your Merchant Portal, or check your Klarna plugin that your API credentials have been entered.
- If you had to manually enter your API credentials as part of your integration process, please ensure that the API credentials have all the necessary characters, and that they do not contain any extra characters like spaces.
- If you use Klarna API credentials for production, make sure that the test mode is switched off.
- If you use Klarna API credentials for our test environment, make sure that the test mode is switched on.
Still haven’t solved the issue? Contact our Merchant Support for further help.
Was this article helpful?