How do I pay for my order?
The quickest and easiest way is to make payments and check the status of your payments online and in our app. When you shop directly at a store that offers Klarna’s payment options we also kindly ask you to make payments through the Klarna app or klarna.com.
How to pay your order (‘Pay in 4 installments, ‘Pay now’, ‘Pay in 30 days’ or ‘Pay over 6 months’)
These payment options don’t require you to make a manual payment as these automated payments have already been scheduled when you made the purchase! So as soon as you make the purchase, you will receive an email from Klarna outlining your payment schedule. These payments will be automatically withdrawn from the card you have on file with us according to this statement. Klarna will process your payments and send you an email confirming the payment status.
If you want to make an earlier payment, simply log in and select the purchase and then choose ‘Payment options’. There are no extra fees when you pay off your balance early.
Note: If you don’t have automatic payments turned on for your ‘Pay over 6 months’ order, you have to make a payment by the due date manually by logging in.
How to pay ‘Monthly Financing’
An email will be sent 3 days prior to the payment date letting you know your statement is ready. You can view your statement, make payments, and manage your account by logging in. From here, you can pay your total balance or choose to pay a custom amount. Please note that payments will need to be received by 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to be credited to your account on that same day!
Good to know: You can also turn on automatic payments in the ‘Payment Settings‘ for your account. To set up automatic payments, simply connect a bank account and enroll in automatic payments. Please note, you must use your bank account and routing numbers to make an automatic payment on your credit account.
Follow the steps below to make a payment
- Log in
- Select My Klarna to find the option to view your Purchases or Payments
- Choose the purchase or account you want to pay
- Follow the prompts to submit your payment and make sure to use the correct payment information when making a payment to avoid any errors.
Good to know:
- Klarna currently accepts all major debit and credit cards (i.e. Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, Discover) and prepaid cards are not accepted. Also, AMEX cards are not accepted when creating a One-time card.
- Klarna credit accounts cannot be paid with a credit card, but can still be paid online with your debit card or bank routing and account information.
- Payments made by 8:00 pm EST will post the same day. Payments made after 8:00 pm EST will post the following day. You should expect funds to clear your bank account within 1-3 business days
Want to check the status of your payment?
If paying through Klarna we’ll send a confirmation to the email you used on your order. You can also view the status of your payment by logging in. Keep in mind that it may take 1-2 business days for your payments to reflect on your account.
Haven’t received an email with your payment instructions?
Your payment plan is emailed once the store notifies us that your order has shipped, so please check first if the store has confirmed the shipment of your order. If you haven’t received an email, we suggest first checking your spam folder. You can also review your payment information by logging in.
Was this article helpful?