Why was my purchase not approved with Klarna?
Klarna does not approve 100% of all orders and our aim is to support responsible, ethical, and sensible spending habits.
We understand that it can be frustrating to be declined for purchase after being approved in the past. However, our approval process helps Klarna responsibly offer our services to our customers.
Please understand that our Customer Service is not able to change the automated outcome of the approval decision.
How can I increase my eligibility?
- Length of time you have been a Klarna customer may increase your limit. A good payment history with Klarna can improve your chances of being approved
- If you still have balances on unpaid purchases, it would be beneficial to pay them off to possibly increase your spending limit
- The total amount in the shopping cart may be too high, so try to remove an item(s) and try again
- If given the option, connect your bank account with Klarna. This will give us the chance to get a clearer picture of your ability to pay, and as a result, we will be able to make an informed credit decision. This option is only presented when we can’t get enough information from other sources. Know that we handle your data carefully and that you can remove your bank account granted access at any time.
Good to know:
- Each purchase is a new decision so one rejection does not mean that your future purchases will always be declined
- A rejection does not negatively impact your credit score
- Attempting too many purchases in a short amount of time may result in being rejected (fraud prevention)
- The approval decision is not based solely on credit score, but rather multiple internal data points such as past payment history
Learn more about the credit check.
Was this article helpful?